It has been almost two years since I started working on Little Sim World and what a journey it has been! In this section, I will outline what to expect.
The Pre-Alpha is available for all Patreons and was released on the 31st of March 4PM (UK Time).
If you are not currently a Patreon, but were in the past, I will try and send out a download link to people above a certain tier (uncertain which tier for the moment) so you get a chance to play. However, most future updates to the Pre-Alpha will remain concurrent Patreons only!
Oh yes, please wishlist the game on Steam if you can – it really actually is a huge deal for us and helps us out a lot – it would also make all the birbs around the world happy ^_^
In the Pre-Alpha, features are limited for the time being. There are a lot of features that we have worked on, but I believe that a small, compact but high-quality experience is better than a buggy one.
So, please be slightly patient – the content will com over time and I want to make sure the quality is up to what everyone is expecting. I am planning to update the Pre-Alpha every two weeks so of course the game will dramatically improve over time ^_^
Confirmed features for the Pre-Alpha:
- Player walking and running animations.
- Character customisation.
- Decorate and construction mode (build mode).
- Various furniture sets available to decorate with.
- Many decorations to place around in your house!
- Walls, doors, floor tiles and wallpapers to modify your house with.
- Most menu UIs should be finished and ready.
- Various cars on the road with animations.
- Basic lighting system.
- Day night cycle.
- Basic sound effects for various UI and animations.
Immediately Upcoming Features (within 1-3 months):
- Weather implementation.
- More furniture and decorations.
- Further character customisations.
- Much more furniture interactions.
- Stairs for multiple floors.
- Careers mode.
- Wandering NPCs.
Please keep in mind the ‘upcoming’ features are mostly finished already in the unstable build. A lot of these just require more tweaking before pushing into the live build. Also, a lot of smaller features are not included in the above that will see implementation.